Keeping on top of your skincare routine is key to healthy, glowing skin. Yet there are times when your skin does suffer from outbreaks and issues, even with the most diligent routine in place. Skincare concerns are common and for the most part easily treated.
Let us explore the top five common skincare concerns and how to treat them…
1. Acne – there are many causes of acne, ranging from hormone imbalances to poor diet or even a general build-up of bacteria. Treat acne by cleansing your face regularly to keep it free from oily build-up. Use topical creams and don’t pick any spots.
2. Uneven skin tone – this can occur on skin that has had too much exposure to the sun, has scarring or changes in hormone levels. Keeping your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water and using moisturising creams will make a difference and there are plenty of products on the market to help bring back an even colour.
3. Dark circles under the eye – this might be caused by lack of sleep, a genetic pre-disposition or the colour of your skin. If you wake up with dark circles and puffy eyes, use a cold compress in the morning. Otherwise invest in skin brightening cream or some colour tone matched concealer that will disguise those circles. At Aesthetics Life, we offer a skin treatment called Sunekos which is great to diminish undereye dark circles.
4. Dry, flaky skin – sometimes dry skin can be caused by genetic factors, other times by harsh environmental climates such as excessive heat or cold. Either way, treat dry skin with an intensive moisturizing cream or visit your GP for a prescription if you don’t see an improvement with over-the-counter products.
5. Oily skin – often, oily skin in younger people is the result of hormonal changes. This can lead to build-ups that cause acne and blackheads. Use products that are specially designed to balance skin levels and be sure to exfoliate and cleanse on a daily basis.
If you have skin concerns and would like a free consultation with the medical practitioners at Aesthetics Life, then please call us on 01438 300 111. We also sell a range of skincare products, developed by skilled dermatologists, perfect for targeting concerns such as these.